In order to allow everyone some uninterrupted child-free time, we request that children over 9 months of age utilise the provided childcare.
Our child care has trained carers who provide quality care however, it is not governed by the same regulations as child care centres. We are not an accredited child care centre. We ask for a gold coin donation per session for using the childcare as our funding covers the cost to pay the staff for their care. We are set up like a playgroup with indoor and outdoor toys and craft and provide a change table area, but we are not a child care centre.
Our child care room is run by our lovely childcare professionals, led by room leader Simone, along with Anna, and Courtney. They are all experienced childcare professionals registered with care agency Ranstad. They are very approachable so feel free to speak to them about your child.
As our sessions are right next door to our children we are still ultimately responsible for our own children. If your child becomes unsettled while in the child care room, you may be asked to step out to go and soothe them.
Important Safety Information
- Please ensure you shut all doors behind you.
- Please sign in and out in the child care room with your name and your child/children’s names and the time you arrive and leave.
- Please do not leave the grounds of Downer Community Centre while your children are in care.
- The door between the session room and child care room is only to be used when setting up and packing up. It is not to be used during the session. This is so our cover isn’t blown and we end up with a room full of children and no relaxing break.
What To Pack For The Kids
- A labelled container with a nutritious snack.
- Labelled water bottle.
- Nappies with your child’s name on (if applicable) or spare underpants.
- Dress them in weather/play appropriate clothing.
- A hat and sunscreen applied.
Thank you for taking the time to read these important items regarding the child care room and ask for your cooperation with the safety matters of our children.